- In addition to the candidates listed on the ballot, there may be a qualified write-in candidate. “Qualified” means candidates who have submitted the documentation that is required to run for an office.
- The only write-in votes that can be counted are votes that can be counted are votes for qualified candidates.
- For a list of qualified write-in candidates, click here, or ask a poll worker.
- Before casting a write-in vote, make sure:
- the candidate is not listed on the ballot
- the candidate is on the qualified write-in list
- to write the candidate’s name in the space at the end of the candidate list and complete the arrow that points to the space as shown below:
Source: The San Francisco Voter Information Pamphlet and Sample Ballot