For Immediate Release
SAN FRANCISCO, Tuesday, November 8, 2016 – Today is Election Day for the 2016 Consolidated General Election.
All San Francisco polling places citywide are open for voters from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Any voter who is in line when the polls close at 8 p.m. is allowed to vote.
San Franciscans can confirm the location of their polling place at sfelections.org/pollsite or by calling (415) 554-4375.
Voters may also vote at the City Hall Voting Center. Located on the ground floor of City Hall, the Voting Center is open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Vote-by-mail voters may drop off their ballots from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at any polling place in San Francisco, at the Department’s Ballot Drop-off Stations outside two City Hall entrances—the main entrance at Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place (Polk Street) and the Grove Street entrance—or at the Department’s office. Ballots returned by mail must be postmarked with today’s date and received by the Department no later than Monday, November 14.
If using a blue USPS mailbox, voters should check the noted collection time to ensure the ballot is not too late for that day’s pick-up. Voters can also take the ballot to a local post office and confirm with the counter representative that the ballot will be postmarked with today’s date.
Anyone with questions related to voting or other election matters is urged to call the Department of Elections immediately at (415) 554-4375 so that staff can assist while the polls are open and there is still the opportunity to vote.
- The Department of Elections will release preliminary election results tonight. The first report will be available at approximately 8:45 p.m., with updates throughout the evening. The results will be available from the following sources:
- sfelections.org – all results reports will be posted on the Department’s website, with a link to statewide results on the Secretary of State’s website
- San Francisco Government Television – SFGTV, Channel 26, will report summary results throughout the night as a banner during SFGTV programming
- City Hall, North Light Court – a large screen will display SFGTV programming that will show summary results; printed copies of the summary results reports will be available at approximately 8:45 p.m., with updates available at approximately 9:45 p.m., 10:45 p.m., and 11:30 p.m.
- Department of Elections, City Hall, Room 48 – printed copies of results reports will be available at the Department’s front counter (due to their length, the preliminary Statement of the Vote will not be printed).
On Twitter @sfelections and Facebook.com/sfelections