Proposition 60: Adult Films. Condoms. Health Requirements. Initiative Statute.
Proposition 60 Ballot Summary:
- Requires performers in adult films to use condoms during filming of sexual intercourse.
- Requires producers of adult films to pay for performer vaccinations, testing, and medical examinations related to sexually transmitted infections.
- Requires producers of adult films to obtain state health license, and to post condom requirement at film sites.
- Imposes liability on producers for violations, on certain distributors, on performers if they have a financial interest in the film involved, and on talent agents who knowingly refer performers to noncomplying producers.
- Permits state, performers, or any state resident to enforce violations.
A “Yes” vote means:
A “yes” vote would be a vote in favor of requiring the use of condoms and other protective measures during the filming of pornographic films, as well as requiring pornography producers to pay for certain health requirements and checkups.
A “No vote means:
A “no” vote would be a vote against requiring the use of condoms and other safety measures during the filming of pornographic films.
Read the full text of Proposition 60 here.